Friday, October 8, 2010

♥ !Something New! ♥

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano and I think I'm finally going to get my chance. Today I had a sub during 8th and 9th period so I got my work and went back to the chorus room. I Intended on going back to class for 9th period but the teacher only had two students since the others were on a trip. Well, those two students knew how to play the piano, and he decided to give them a lesson. Because I'm a singer, I too knew how to read the music. He put the notes to twinkle twinkle little star and mary had a little lamb on the board, then told us to play it, not from memory but by reading the notes as we played. The two piano players stumbled a bit but overall did a great job. This was completely new to me and I didn't want to embarrass myself. But I was so eager to try that I just went for it. Well, it was horrible, and very slow. But I was and still am very proud of myself. Although it took nearly a decade, I eventually got it! And I've decided to finally give this piano thing a shot instead of just wishing I knew how to play. So today I got this bright idea: instead of the uggs and room decorations I asked my mom to get for Christmas, I'm going to change that to a portable keyboard. I already have the one I want picked out, priced and everything. It doesn't come with a foot pedal (idk how to use that anyways) and a stand. That stuff is seperate. But the keyboard itself is cheaper than the uggs I wanted, and it's not like I need the huge speakers or anything. The one I chose has great sound ( or so the customers said) and got awesome ratings from buyers. Plus I went on google to what the best brand was and everyone said Yamaha...so that's the one I want.

I haven't exactly asked my mom for the keyboard yet, but I'm hoping she says yes. She has no reason not to, so I'm pretty confident.

Wish me luck! ♥







~♥PRINCESS♥

No comments:

Post a Comment