Saturday, September 25, 2010

♥Mr. Facebook♥

Mark Zuckerberg, founder of facebook, has donated 100 million dollars to Newark public schools. I think this is pretty major and quite a come up after the budget cuts. So many teachers at my school were let go and we have minimal p.e equipment. Luckily we DO have enough books for everyone, but there are many other Newark schools that don't. Hopefully this will also help with the closing schools situation. It's ridiculous to over crowd these schools and to have about 30 students in one classroom. I,luckily only have about 17 students in my class, but on the flip side, there is another class in my school with 30 some odd kids if I'm not mistaken, and there are some schools with that number for almost every class.

So thank you Mr. Facebook, for taking that step to help children in urban areas of which some people believe will never be able to become successful.

Below is a clip of Mark Zuckerberg on the Oprah show.






~♥PRINCESS♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment