Saturday, August 21, 2010

♥Some Reinforcement♥

Today was such a learning experience for me. I had the chance to hang out with my mom and a couple of my female cousins and man did we talk! Although there were so many different topics, our main focus was boys (or men since  they're women). Something that was reinforced today was to have your own life outside of your relationship. Most young girls, including myself sometimes forget that boys will always be there, and shouldn't be our main focus. And as much as we may not want to hear it, the boys usually aren't thinking about us 24/7. One thing I've noticed about all the guys I've dated is that they all had other priorities, and even though they made time for me they still had their friends that they hung out with and their sports or activities that they were a part of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this but it is important for us to have our hobbies on the  side as well so that we don't get caught up with the emotions or began  to feel left out.  My point is that the guys are doing their thing, and we need to do ours and make sure that we are happy at the end of the day. Another thing i learned is that it is important to pick your battles. Some things aren't worth addressing. There are just some things that you won't necessarily get to the bottom of (like if someone is lying or not). What happens in the dark will eventually come to the light. So,the best thing to do is to not dwell on it, but make a mental note of it. At the end of the day, when it comes to a relationship we need to mainly be concerned with guarding our heart. The honest truth is that finding that special guy/girl for you is rare at this age.

~♥PRINCESS♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment